After years of mountain biking with thru-axles with bulky handles that seemed to strike every trailside obstacle, we needed a better option.Our Lightning Bolt-On thru axles offer the highest quality, simple, lightweight alternative to that bulky handle. Available in a range of sizes that fit both front and rear wheels on all types of thru-axle equipped bikes.
- Lightning is Better. Our front and rear Lightning Bolt-On axles offer a stronger, more durable, lower profile and lighter weight option to replace your stock thru-axles.
- Low Profile. No more bulky handles to strike trail obstacles or create wind drag. Aerodynamic design.
- Light Weight. Our axles are internally bored to remove unnecessary material without compromising strength.
- Easy to install. Our matching front and rear Lightning Bolt-On Axles only require a standard 6 mm hex wrench for easy installation and removal.
- Better Tolerances. Manufactured in the USA to the tightest tolerances using aerospace materials and CNC manufacturing. No longer will your axle loosen while riding.
- Available Security. Learn about compatibility with Hexlox bike security systems.
- This is NOT an axle for attaching trailers or trainers.
- This axle fits RockShox forks with 15 x 110 Boost hub spacing.
- The diameter of this axle is 15 mm and the true length of the axle shaft is 158 mm. Please note: Thru-axle lengths do not equal hub standards. An axle has to be longer than the hub to fit in the frame. A 15×100 hub does not equal a 100 mm long axle.
- This axle has a 1.5 mm thread pitch
- Weight: 49 grams
- The axle is precision CNC machined in the USA from 7075 aluminum and hard anodized for rugged durability. Our axles are built to the tightest standards in the industry.
- No special tools required. Design allows for installation or wheel removal using your standard 6 mm hex wrench.
- Designed, built and quality tested in the USA. Proven around the world.